Tuesday, June 10, 2014

prognostications and dragons

Look who's watching over my work desk ^ . It's Toothless. I can't wait to take my kids to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 this Friday. I love dragons, adore Toothless, and have (alongside my husband) instilled the same love in our kids. Of course, the collection of Pocket Dragons helps too--even cuter than Toothless!

I enjoy writing about dragons, which is why my first real epic was Legend of the White Dragon (written before Starfire Angels, despite the publication dates). And it's also why I have a dragon clan in the Demon Age series with a young member of that clan who has a destiny to fulfill. I look forward to sharing more about her, her goblin friend, and the other demonlords and demon hunters featured in Spirit Blade. Watch for more about this in posts to come. I hope to also share some amazing artwork for the cover of the book in about four to six weeks.

I'm currently sitting at my desk after finishing a day of formatting for new paperback versions of two more of the Dark Angel Chronicles books and hope to finish the fifth and last of that series with the new covers on the paperbacks tomorrow. You'll have a choice of collecting the series with the old covers or the new covers. I'm keeping up the old covers alongside the new, so you'll continue to have a choice.

And in other news, I foresee a difficult summer and fall in this household, but I'm hoping that Spirit Blade can lift things up a little. I will be releasing it in serialization for those who don't want to wait, with the first two parts at $0.99 each and the last two at $2.99 each. I hope to get the first one free everywhere, but that could take some time. Once the cover is finalized, I'll be able to set up the release schedule for the serial and the complete novel and post that here as well.

Last of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has stood by me, waiting on each book. I'm trying to give each series the attention they're due while also getting at least one more series off the ground. I had written Tiger Born with the intention of turning it into an epic fantasy series. Spirit Blade is only one step with indications in that of the branches of storyline that I'd like to develop. Of course, there's the Starfire Angels series, with Nemesis to come in the Revelations sub-series and then the Apocalypse sub-series. It grows more complex and technical and I do need breaks to refresh myself. And I still want to get Shadow Realm off and going, but I can't say when that will happen now.

I'm not getting done what I thought I would when forecasting a few months back. However, I am more comfortable writing what I enjoy and leaving the readers to decide for themselves the outcome. Thank you for continuing to make this a worthwhile endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment