Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Awakening is...

Finished!

Actually, the first draft is finished and I'm giving it a read-through now for consistency and content. So far, I breezed through the first 1/5 very easily. It flows quite well, imho...but I'm biased. I love how the ending worked out and can't wait to read all the way through, but I'm trying to read without that too much in mind except to make any changes necessary so it all fits together consistently.

I'm also a very, VERY picky reader. I often feel like my work sucks at points until I get to read as a reader, when a work is all done, and get a clear picture of the overall scope and feel. I  took out much of what I had originally written and rewrote the rest of what I had from the 35K words I had started several years ago on this project before writing new stuff.

In this post-draft read-through, I will make editing changes. Awkward sentences, redundancies, typos, descriptions, details, flow, characterization, etc. are given attention but not yet to a deep degree. Mostly, the first read-through of a completed work is to see that the overall picture came together in a coherent, interesting story.

At this point, I'm very pleased and find it hard to stop once I start. Even after six months, I'm not sick of it. That's a great sign considering I have three more books planned for this saga.

I've also reworked the description and am hoping for a release date in June 2015...early summer.

Here is what I've worked on:

A luriel spirit has awakened in Lilly, marking her as a target for daemons. But she is not alone--the Pallora Fen is a group of humans bearing luriel spirits like her. They train in preparation to ascend to the Shadow Realm to join the battle against the daemons. To prepare the fledglings newly awakened, they assign mentors. Mychel, the daemon slayer assigned to protect and train Lilly, has a challenge on his hands to prepare her for Enlightenment, the path to Ascension. Darrac is a daemon determined to stop that from happening by destroying her and the luriel within, but he doesn't anticipate the power that has awakened within her, an ancient power that can change even him.

Lilly is determined to make up her own mind about what's right for her; and the fates of two realms and an eternal war depend on her choice.

*Chapters are being made available on Wattpad and being updated as edits are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment