Monday, May 4, 2015

Getting back to it

I've been teasing out the writing over the last couple of weeks while recovering from a health concern that knocked my life upside down.

Now, I feel that I'm getting a solid handle on managing this new way of living and am feeling more creative than ever. A new, healthy diet avoiding gluten, soy, and dairy is hard but necessary to maintain my health and sanity.

I thank the internet for giving me this second chance at living. All the information out there helped me get through a tough time when doctors didn't know what to do except throw pills at me. Instead, the books of William Davis, M.D. (Wheat Belly and Wheat Belly Total Health) and David Perlmutter, M.D. (Grain Brain and Brain Maker), along with information on histamine-rich or -releasing foods has allowed me to find a balance in my life again.

The best part is that I am healthier than ever and feeling fifteen years younger. And I've lost those pesky pounds that wouldn't come off after the second child! Five more and I'll be at my pre-first baby weight. I have more energy and creativity than I've known in years, all because I had to dump grain from my diet and eat nutrient-packed fresh foods. Go figure *voice dripping in sarcasm*.

Did you know that all of our health begins in the digestive system? What happens there affects everything inside us, including our brains. I know now that my neurological system was screaming a wake-up call that something was amiss in my digestive system. I'm waiting to complete some other tests to see if something more sinister is amiss than simple food intolerances, but in the meantime have returned to a sense of normality, except when I get accidentally glutened.

Now, I'm finally building back my momentum in writing as the ideas come more freely than they have in many years.

I'm working on a short story to get back into the process and then will jump back into one of the larger projects that have been on the backburner for the last couple of months--Nemesis or Enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment