Wednesday, May 20, 2015

In the end...

So, medically, I'm supposedly all in good health. Absolutely nothing wrong with me at this time...But I did a lot of clearing up the problem myself where the MDs failed to help because it wasn't something they could quantify in a test or procedure (colonoscopy--not fun for prep but being out for the procedure was no big deal, although the gassiness afterwards was painful).

My takeaway is reinforcement of something I've known for a while--trust your instincts (but don't be a hypochondriac), keep an open mind about the possibilities and be willing to make adjustments with new discoveries, keep notes of your observations to present to the "professionals", and most importantly, eat a healthy diet. Diet trumps everything. Cut all grains, processed sugars, dairy, and, most importantly, all processed foods (including processed meats).

Eat from what you find in the fresh foods and meats sections of the store. Yes, this sounds like a paleo diet, but it is the most natural diet. Organic foods taste better, but they can be expensive/cost prohibitive. What you'll soon find is that you're eating less (nutrient-rich/fiber-dense foods are far more satiating) and your costs will balance out or decrease. The expense is worth the wonderful feeling of health you'll have after that initial adjustment/candida die-off/sugar-and-grain withdrawal. I can't begin to describe how much better I feel on the other side of all this, although I may have in a previous post. Your foggy brain, fatigue, extra weight, and health problems will all diminish or disappear.

I'm doing much better and am able to tolerate small amounts of gluten, soy, and dairy again. But as I mentioned in the last post, I discovered by accident that I had a candida overgrowth. Once I got that under control, everything adjusted to normal good health again. I could go back to processed foods, but now that I've become more disciplined in what I eat and feel better for it, why would I want to poison myself again? I'm sticking to the new diet, but at least now I know I don't have to fear the old triggers. I know that I can treat myself on occasion. However, those treats (including sweet fruits!) could cost me in a candida flare-up, so I'll reserve them for special occasions and be sure to follow-up with rigorous treatment to cut it off before it gets as bad as it did two months ago.

With all I've suffered and learned these past two months, I have been given a gift, the gift of better health. With that, I can teach others and my family, giving them a much better future and passing on the lessons I've had to suffer.

No more anxiety, no more depression, no more struggling to keep weight down and failing (and it's not just because I'm 40 but was mostly due to eating poorly) and only having to exercise to stay in shape, a clarity of thought I haven't had in twenty years, no more mysterious aches, no more light and smell sensitivities, no more night time body itches, no more insomnia, improved memory, no more acne ( a plague all my life), and a creativity that can't be reined in. It's wonderful! I don't want to give this up ever again.

I'm not going to tell you all the details of how to go about it. That's up to you. If you're not sure, research "candida overgrowth" and read the many websites/blogs talking about it. Enter "histamine intolerance candida" and you'll see the connection. Look up "where does gluten hide" and "where does soy hide" and you'll get a list of items you didn't realize that were gluten or soy, the two biggest problems in processed foods and even medicines and supplements. Read the two books I recommended in my last post at the least, WHEAT BELLY and BRAIN MAKER; they are well worth your time and money. Research probiotics but try to find those without any allergens, but don't take their word for it--read the full ingredients since those nasty things can hide in items such as "artificial and natural flavors" and "maltodextrin" and "stearic acid". There is much information out there that I couldn't possibly summarize.

I just want to warn people so that no one has to suffer as I did. I crashed into sudden suicidal thoughts that wanted to control me but didn't (because I realized there was a physiological problem when they came on so suddenly and my life had been going well with no reason for them). Once I changed my eating habits, my whole life changed for the better.

Good luck in your own journey to better health!

No comments:

Post a Comment