Friday, May 15, 2015

a brief update

(shared from my Facebook page):

I had allergy testing today. I have exactly 1 true (IgE reaction) allergy--an outdoor mold. As for the rest, the allergist was a cold, dispassionate jerk who seemed like he was there only for a paycheck rather than to help patients.

Ah, well. Such is the sorry state of medicine in the U.S. and the reason I've found more to help me manage my life from the internet, mostly from European blogs (doctors and laypersons). Thank you from the other side of the ocean for your medical openness!

After the GI scoping next week, I'll be even more anxious for my appointment with the naturopath who was recommended to me.

In the meantime, I'm done reading the internet news for today. Time to get back to writing and editing (which I wouldn't be sane enough to handle if I only listened to American doctors...*grumblegrumblegrumble*).

I've been fixing up Awakening pretty well and have uploaded the cleaner chapters to Wattpad, adding a couple more in the process (after taking one out). And I'm considering how the novella could tie in to Starfire Angels. I'm not sure I want to set up a whole new world, maybe just a new alien species or a few to flesh out that universe. What do you think--add more aliens to that universe or make it a whole new one?

2 comments:

  1. (Hrm, my post may have not gotten through.)

    My opinion is a single universe, multiple people. There is less effort of world-building plus it gives a richer setting to play in. That is one reason I'm planning on most of my books being set in the same world, for depths and breadth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of my thought too. So far, no one has objected on my FB page. It would be funner to expand that universe.

      Delete