Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Upcoming Books

I've been working on writing Eternal, the third and final book of the Luriel Cycle trilogy. Some may remember that it was originally intended to be four books, but after some time (two years) to consider it while figuring out my health issues, I realized that three books would be sufficient. I'm glad that I did that.

While the first draft of Enlightenment is done, it still needs a lot of work. I will not release it until I am done with a first draft of Eternal. One of the things I've found with planned series--long story arcs--like this trilogy is that I tend to want to alter things at some point. If I publish the previous book too soon, I can't make those changes, because some things get set in stone that way. I need a little more flexibility. I'm rediscovering that while writing Eternal, just as I did while writing Enlightenment.

The good news is that, while there's a big time gap publishing-wise between Awakening and Enlightenment, there will not be a big gap like that between the releases of Enlightenment and Eternal. By the time I have Enlightenment available, I'll be in the process of editing Eternal. By then, I should also have a release date for Eternal.

Watch for Enlightenment in late spring 2018 and Eternal in late summer 2018. What comes after that is a question I can't answer at this time.

PS--because of permissions for image use, the paperback versions have different covers than the ebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment