Sunday, December 31, 2023

2024 writing/publishing goals


It's that time of year, time for resolutions!

I have many personal goals, but you're probably more interested, dear readers, in my books, so I'll keep this concise.

I am presently writing Book 18, SINS OF THE FATHER. The word count is at 34,000, and I have the final events to write yet. It will easily pass the 40K mark. Depending on how I care to develop the story ending--lots of potential yet--it could end up anywhere between 45-55K. That's a big range of word count to accommodate a range of ideas in which I could write a satisfying conclusion. I just can't let myself rush this. It's been quite the project.

And then I'll need to create a cover for Book 18 and write some descriptions for the upcoming books that are completed.

For 2024, I will finish writing Book 18. I also hope to complete Books 19 and 20. If the writing goes well, I may even get into Book 21 before the year's end; but I'll be satisfied with three books a year, especially since these have been a little longer than what I had originally planned (which was around the 42-45K word count).

In summary, I expect to publish these books in 2024, all in Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds, since that is my priority:

  • 16 - GHOSTS
  • 17 - HOMECOMING
  • 18 - SINS OF THE FATHER
  • Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds Collection 3 (Book 11-15) (print)

And I expect to finish writing Books 18, 19, and 20. I'll shoot to reach book 21, but I won't be disappointed if I only get three done.

Thanks for reading!

Have a safe and happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment