Monday, May 22, 2023

almost done

Just a quick note, since I'm not on social media for people to follow...

I am so close to finishing Book 16, GHOSTS, that it could be done within days. I'm almost done with the climax and even wrote one of the denouement scenes yesterday instead of finishing the climax of this story. I thought I would finish with fewer words then realized it would be rushing the climax. I don't like rushed endings.

Book 16 is about 49K words right now, including that scene I wrote that hasn't come up yet, and should be finished within 4K more (the end of one chapter, a small denouement chapter, and the stinger scene). These books have slowly crept longer, the last few ending up around 10K more than expected but necessary for the stories. That's one reason they've taken so long to write, other than my own health issues (multiple autoimmunities and mid-life effects). I also had to rewrite this climax chapter from a different POV; it reached a point that the writing flowed again with the right action. MUCH better!

I don't always get things right the first time. The rewrites usually turn out better, but they do delay finishing. On a good note, those stories where I struggle, those that make me really work hard and don't come easy, usually turn out as some of my best.

I'm anxious to begin book 17 and am now having scene ideas for Book 18, which is also outlined. I can never seem to keep my mind on the current WIP in this series. 🤦‍♀️

Anyway, that's where things are right now. Once I finish this, I'll be jumping right to Book 17 without pause.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment