Sunday, July 23, 2023

almost there

I'm getting close to finishing Book 17 of Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds. I suspect it will need a lot of editing but at least I'll soon have a first draft done. I'm aiming to finish by July 31 so I can move on to editing Book 15 to publish that around end of August/early September.

Right now, the first draft of the book tentatively titled HOME is around 37,000 words, and I expect it to wrap up by 42K words. I'm not far from that, but it's also just an estimate based on the events that I still need to write out and how much I expect it will add to the length. You'll notice it's back to the shorter length that I had originally for the books in this series. The books were growing longer and longer, so I'm glad to get back to shorter. I write what the story dictates, and this didn't want to be as long as those last several books. The length can change in rewrites, but usually not too dramatically--within a few thousand words either way.

So far, the shortest book in the series is the first, A NEW BEGINNING, and the story alone came in just under the minimum SFWA novel length (not counting my forward and all the other stuff that isn't story), which is 40,000 words.

As you can see, I am working to finish. I don't use AI or ghostwriters. Everything in my books comes from me. I write for the enjoyment of writing the story I need to tell, and sometimes life gets in the way or the creativity is disrupted. It's not about the churn but about the adventure and the challenge. I hope you enjoy the results.

Thanks for reading!

-----------------------

COMING SOON:


No comments:

Post a Comment