Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Checking in (writing update)

It's been a bit over a week since my last writing check in. I've had some great days of writing in the last week and Book 18 of Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds is growing.

Before I even get started writing today, it's currently at 13,500 words. Nine days ago it was at 9,000 words, so I've averaged 500 words a day, although most of that was in the last five days. Last week, I was stumbling about where the characters go next. Then, I figured out what needed to happen and the writing took off again. It's the normal writing cycle, the highs and lows. It'll happen again and I'll work through it again, as I have for twenty years.

Yes, it's been that long since I started seriously writing (Legend of the White Dragon). I'm familiar with the routine, although it never gets easier. You just learn to cope.

So, that's where things are in writing. I'm excited by what comes next, and that always gets the creative juices flowing.


I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving holiday and every day!

Gratitude grows grace and demolishes wrath. 

Appreciate the little things, or the big things are meaningless.


Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that the story continues. I've stalled lately in my reading, sometimes life is like that. Highs and lows, but we learn to cope ( to quote ) its just reassuring to know that there is more coming. Many blessings,
    Mike Garcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have more highs than lows.

      Delete