Monday, November 6, 2023

Attack of the haters - the rage mob hits my book

The day has come. My book A NEW BEGINNING has been targeted on Amazon by 1-star bombing for some reason... or Amazon has had a major glitch. 30 1-star ratings in one day (154 to 184 ratings jump since this morning)?! That looks like an attack, a ratings bombing.

I don't know what I can do when my book is sinking from 4+ stars to 3.5 presently on Amazon.

It won't stop me from writing, but it is disappointing. This has never happened to me before. I don't know what I can do, except to beg readers who enjoy the book to leave your higher ratings to counter the attack.

If this is an Amazon error and it gets corrected, I would be relieved, but I've been indie publishing long enough to have seen authors 1-star bombed by rage mobs and jealous authors trying to sink those perceived as competitors... or thieves who steal books and try to sink the original.

Nothing anywhere else, so I hope this is something that can be corrected on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment