LIGHT AND SHADOWS (Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds Book 22) is finally published. This is one of the longest books in the series at around 54,000 words. I’ve purposely limited the books to short novels, but there’s a lot packed into each. Each book is its own complete story but is a chapter in a much bigger story arc that will conclude in book 25. By the time I finish, I’ll have over 1.2 million words of what is essentially one big book told in small, adventurous episodes.
Forgotten Worlds is the most ambitious project of my writing career, but I could not have done this without the experience of having written many other books that became series by accident, including having established my Starfire-verse with the Dark Angel Chronicles. I knew I needed a plan for this monumental of a project, and plan I did! Eight years ago, before I started any writing on this project, I brainstormed possible episodic ideas and briefly synopsized them with lots of room for changes (having learned about the process of JMS with Babylon 5). I then plugged those in where they made the most sense and switched around some of those episodic ideas a few times as the series developed.
Only three more books to go in this series and it’s done. Only one remains to be written, then all three of the finale can be edited and published one after another. (I’ve been writing two ahead of what I publish, because I learned long ago that I’ll need to change something two books down the road. That still holds true.)
After dozens of books published, I don’t feel any excitement in this. Instead I feel fear—What did I do wrong? What did I forget? 😱
Just breathe!
One more down. Three to publish, and now I get to write the exciting conclusion.
I'll send out the newsletter once I have the final retail links to include. In the meantime, you can find the available links on the book's page on my website. I'll also be listing this on Spotlight on Indie with the rest of the series that's already there.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.