Saturday, December 30, 2017

Sugar, Heart Disease, and Life Changes

I want to share this because of my own health struggles and what I've done to improve my health. I wish I had known this twenty, even thirty years sooner, but it's taken this long for the internet to develop into a tool of instant access and information and as a place for truth to proliferate.

As such, I've learned that sugar is the root cause of many health issues, not un/saturated fats or cholesterol, which the sugar industry prefers to blame.

I invite you to read this recent article on NPR that sums up the lies that the sugar industry, reminiscent of the tobacco industry, want the public to believe:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/11/21/565766988/what-the-industry-knew-about-sugars-health-effects-but-didnt-tell-us

You can find more about sugar's negative effects on the body here, courtesy of Harvard University:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/eating-too-much-added-sugar-increases-the-risk-of-dying-with-heart-disease-201402067021

“Regardless of their Healthy Eating Index scores, people who ate more sugar still had higher cardiovascular mortality,” says Dr. Teresa Fung, adjunct professor of nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health.

And on that note, I bring to you this funny but serious video from Elizabeth Banks about heart disease in women:




The moral is to cut out refined sugars and focus on eating healthy whole foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment