Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sometimes stress is helpful

The creativity has been flowing in torrents the last few weeks and I've been mostly meeting or exceeding my writing goals. I just finished a 2K day, which is fantastic for me. I'd keep going if it wasn't late and I wasn't tired.

It's odd, since you'd expect me to be too stressed--I'm organizing the annual conference for work with all the details that go into it and am putting in longer days during which it sometimes feels like all I'm doing is running in circles. Eep! I took on so much with this job, but maybe that's a good thing. I needed the challenge. It's pushed me and I am fulfilled by the success I've had in meeting the challenges presented. That spills over into every aspect of my life, including writing. The right kind of stress can be very motivational. ;)

Only one problem remains--my fingers are crossed that I don't have to report for jury duty on Tuesday, because it's one week before that conference and I have TOO many last minute details to take time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment