Friday, November 24, 2017

Old vs. New

I'm running an experiment of two covers for Awakening...a modification of the old cover (new series name) versus the new cover that it was re-released with last month.

Which do you feel is better for a contemporary/alternate world epic fantasy:

        OR       

I've made both available online and will be using the old cover for the paperback version. I have the right to use the modified old cover for paperback, but I don't have those rights for the new cover; so, one way or another, the old cover will be used.

I'm afraid the new cover may turn off some people, which is truly disappointing. On an alternate world without our Earth history and the associated racism, skin color shouldn't matter.  Both ebooks are only 99c (USD), but one is generic while the other is character-specific.

Which one do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment