Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Contributing readers can get free books

Have you ever had an idea for an author that you thought they should take up in their books or wanted to give your feedback directly to the author?

Most authors I know area always looking for what we call beta readers, readers who help evaluate the stories with a critical eye but not quite to the editorial level. The benefit is that readers get to help guide the author's story (or series) and read it before anyone else, but the trade off is that these free stories are often not quite polished because they are not in their final format.

Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds is growing... bigger and more complex. I keep a detailed wiki file for the series (23 pages of details so far up to a total of 40 pages with synopsis for upcoming books). That keeps growing as well.

In that complexity, I have the task of keeping it all straight and trying to track the character arcs, story arcs, and tiny details, such as the size of the doors on the Cartegos and where the hidden storage compartments are or the unwritten details that will be revealed and can only be hinted and what of those hints are provided.

In this, I need a few serious readers of the series, loyal readers who could provide corrections to the details they catch and even to provide input.

If you enjoy this series, have a keen mind, and want to contribute to the development of the series, please use the contact form on my website at melanienilles.com

Writing/Editing update:
 
I am finalizing copyedits on REMNANTS (Book 7), then going to rewrites on RACING THE ORAST BELT (Book 8) and, after that, finishing FERIOUS (Book 9), which needs a couple of scenes to be written at the end. 

REMNANTS will be available next Thursday, October 29th!

A note about pre-orders:  
Finally, I want to add that I will not be setting up pre-orders quite so early as I have been. The last few books have taken longer to write than expected. This has consequently put me in a pinch where I almost didn't have the books ready in time. I don't feel comfortable with that. I will set up pre-orders when I feel comfortable with the date that I can have future books ready to my standards.

Please check this blog or my website for information on upcoming books, subscribe to my Amazon author page, or contact me through my contact form with a note to send new release notifications. I generally don't like to invade inboxes. I get enough newsletters myself and give them a quick skim before deleting most of them, but I will gladly send out new release emails to readers who really want to receive them.

(Proof copy of SA:FW Collection 1)
Books 1-5 will soon be  available
in one volume as seen here. Look
for Collection 1 in paperback on Amazon.
("Not for Resale" gray band is only for this proof copy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment