Sunday, October 4, 2020

I think too much and don't write enough

I have a confession: Today, I haven't done much of what I should be doing--editing. Aside from pureeing three of the five large pumpkins we were able to save before the first frost killed our pumpkin plant and baking the seeds, I've been coming up with better ideas for other books to come in Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds. I know I'm supposed to be editing to have REMNANTS available for release later this month, but I can't help planning for the future of the series too. I have to know more about what's to come to be sure I plant the seeds in what I'm currently working on.

That creativity has led me to more ideas to make this series into something stronger. Some readers may see the allegory already; but, like the Chronicles of Narnia, it's not obvious if you're not looking for it. It's subtle, because my goal is, first and foremost, to write a science fiction adventure/space opera series that's not grim and graphic. The rest is icing on the cake and gives it a more nuanced flavor.

The ideas into how I can do more with the series excite me and make it hard to work in the present timeline, but I like knowing what's to come.

Now, back to editing!

------------

Pre-order REMNANTS (Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds 7) Today!

(Coming October 29!)

Remnants


No comments:

Post a Comment