Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

I look forward to the start of a new year. 2014 was awful for me personally, and I almost lost my creativity along the way. But I am healing and moving on and finding the spark of creativity again.

Here's what I have going on:

1. I changed the covers of the Dark Angel Chronicles ebooks. I've been updating the last post as they get tweaked. I don't think there will be any more adjustments to them, so here are the new covers: (If you have trouble viewing them, they are on the sidebar of this blog.)

2. Now that the ebook covers are done, I'll start work on new paperback covers. I'm much happier going back to non-character covers. I tried the character covers and tried to be enthusiastic but they didn't work, so I'm going back to something similar to the original covers that I had prior to a year ago.

3. Psst! Spirit Blade (Demon Age Book 2) is going on sale for one week starting Saturday. Get it for less than $1 at Amazon next week.

4. When Angels Cry (Starfire Angels series) is on sale for less than $1 at Amazon for a short time. This weekend, it will be going up to its regular price. Get it while it's on sale!

5. In other cover art news, Fireblood (Legend of the White Dragon) will have a new cover by Paul Davies in the upcoming month. Paul has done the marvelous work on the rest of the series. This is the last book awaiting his handiwork. Tiger Born and Spirit Blade also display his artistic skills, and those are two of my favorite covers of all my books!

6. Enough about book sales and new covers. I'm still writing on Awakening (Shadow Realm Saga Book 1). Currently, I've passed 61,000 words. Hooray! It's going to be much longer yet. I still have far more to resolve in the plot before I can move onto the second book in the series. Sometime in the next month or two, I hope to have a cover for that and will reveal the artist at that time. I hope to have a first draft finished in February and publish it in summer 2015.

7. The other book I plan to publish in 2015 is Nemesis (Starfire Angels: Revelations Book 3). That was set aside a few months ago when what is now Awakening called me back to work on what had been started as a draft a few years go. Don't expect to see this one until the end of the year, sometime in December most likely.

8. I almost forgot. I hope to also finish a first draft of Enlightenment (Shadow Realm Saga Book 2) before the release of Nemesis.

**

These are my writing and publishing goals. If I can squeeze in a short story or two, that would be great, but I'm not going to push myself on anything. I'm doing this for the creative high. I write because I enjoy it, and that's how I work best. I've learned that turning a hobby into a business steals a lot of the joy. If my books find their audiences, I'll be happy with that. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment