Monday, January 28, 2019

Short update on new book

I'm still editing A New Beginning. It's growing smoother and also more consistent with the following books. The first is always the most difficult.

I'm glad that I started writing the third book before publishing this one, because I am still learning about this world and making alterations. I've incorporated some of those discoveries in the first book by modifying some small details. I want this series to be as consistent as possible throughout. To that end, I may just stick to writing two books ahead of what I publish in the series.

As for the regular editing process, I've updated the files so that the samples on the retail sites are the best so far. Art is never finished--we will always be our own worst critics--but we can strive for it.

I will continue with even more editing until this meets my expectations, alternating with writing book 3. And then I'll do the same with book 2 and so on.

Writing is a process. The first steps is getting my ideas down in notes and outlines, then writing the first draft, then rewriting many times until the story that I had imagined shines through. And, because these are short, I can write them and publish more frequently without feeling rushed.

A New Beginning will be released on April 4, 2019 only as an ebook. Order now from most ebook retailers--Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment