Saturday, June 8, 2019

MORE Forgotten Worlds coming soon!

I've been trying to keep myself on a regular schedule, at least once a week, with my blog. It's not always about writing, because that is only one part of my life. I enjoy sharing other parts without getting too personal, such as my furbabies--4 cats and a horse--and their antics and lives. I've always been an animal lover and always will be. I prefer animals to people, for reasons that should be obvious.

Okay, before I go off on a tangent, I'll get back to this post. I wanted to share some updates on the writing projects.

I'm especially excited because THE RULE OF YONDER (Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds #2) is coming soon! And I mean VERY SOON--JUNE 20th! Less than two weeks from now! I'm actually excited and frightened. It's the second book of the Forgotten Worlds series. I worry that it's really ready, yet I enjoyed the last round of edits so much that I'm sure people will enjoy the adventure through a station called Yonder in the nowhere of interstellar space. It should feel a bit like a Star Wars/Farscape-flavored adventure with countless new aliens and crime organizations. Anything goes, which made it fun to write and read, at least for me. I hope it is for you, too.

You can judge for yourself if this series is one that holds up. I do best when writing at my own pace instead of rushing.

In September, VAULT OF THE CELESTIALS (SA:FW #3) will be available. I have a couple more rounds of edits to complete on that before it's ready. This will be going up for preorder on Amazon in the upcoming week. (Amazon only allows 90 days lead on preorders, unlike the distributors I go through.)

I really love how the cover turned out on #3. However, I learned from it not to get too excited for a cover and title before I actually write the book. It was too distracting for me, partly because I adore the cover and can't take my eyes off it. The other part is because it really put my feet to the fire to write the book to fit that title. From now on, I don't settle on a title or cover until the book is well into being written.

That's worked out great for the current writing project, SA:FW #4. I was about halfway into this draft when I found the perfect cover image, no alterations needed. I just haven't been able to decide on a title, but it looks like my original idea will fit, now that I'm very close to being done (34K words out of a planned 40K word book). Tentatively, #4's title is IN DARKNESS, LIGHT. I'm planning a December release for this, probably early December, maybe late November, depending on how writing on #5 goes. (Publishing every 2 1/2-3 months seems to work well for me to have the time I need to not feel rushed while turning out books on a reasonable schedule. Also, drafting two books ahead of publication is helpful for me too.)

I am nearly done with the first draft of #4. When that happens, I will share the cover I have for it. Only when it's done will I know for sure if the title will stick. I'm so anxious to share it, but I know I'm better off holding back until I'm absolutely certain. I hope to finish it in the upcoming week.

And while you're waiting in between each book, check out some of my other works on the series pages on this blog or at my website. Starfire Angels itself goes back to the young adult book by that title that started the Dark Angel Chronicles (also available as a boxed set). That then transformed into the Revelations portion of the series. And now I'm writing Forgotten Worlds. The Luriel Cycle is a contemporary epic fantasy trilogy (also available as a boxed set). If you want something similar to but not as complicated or as graphic as Game of Thrones, I'd recommend Legend of the White Dragon, which is complete at five books (also available as a boxed set). And my personal favorites of my fantasy stories are the Demon Age novels--Tiger Born and Spirit Blade. I could reread those until the end of my days and would love an excuse to return to that world, but--alas--it hasn't been a good seller... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment