Sunday, September 22, 2019

starting again

I finished more rounds of editing on #4 and #5 of the Forgotten Worlds series recently. Those have shaped up to be very good additions to this series and will have more editing before they are ready but are already very polished. I put a lot of effort into each, which doesn't require too much time since they are only around 40,000 words each, the bare minimum to be called novels according to SFWA. (Book 1 actually fell slightly short of that.) The books have been creeping up in length with each, but overall staying within the 40-45,000 word length.

Since I finished the editing yesterday morning, I was trying to figure out how to start #6. I knew where my characters needed to go and what they would be doing, but I didn't know at what point to start. That's a tricky part of writing. I hate rewriting opening chapters but will if I feel it's necessary. Instead of just starting to write, however, I'd rather get as close to the right starting point as possible. That meant giving myself some time to think.

I think I found the right starting point on the newest addition to this series. Once I finish the first draft, that could change. For now, it gets me started writing again. That challenge is over. The adventure is yet to come!

Books 1-3 of Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds are available from major ebook retailers, including Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo.

Available now: 
A NEW BEGINNING
THE RULE OF YONDER
VAULT OF THE CELESTIALS


Coming December 19, 2019: IN DARKNESS, LIGHT
Coming spring 2020: THE DESTRUCTION OF WALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment