Thursday, February 9, 2023

resolving the writing issue

I finally have it. Book 16 of Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds is more than halfway done and I've finally figured out the rest of the story. I've been stumbling around in the near darkness for this one from the beginning, but I can now see the terrain around me.

I mentioned previously how initial progress was two steps forward and one step back. That can still happen, but now I have a plan for the rest of the book, which should reduce the stumbling around. I realized that I had started this book without a roadmap of where it was going and how to get there other than a vague idea of what it needed to accomplish.

This has led me to realize that I have the same issue in Book 17, although that one at least has the setting and the initial problem outlined. I'm just missing something important for the villain and the climax. At least by admitting that, I know what might cause some writing problems. I need to know where a story is going to figure out the path to take. That's something I'll have to put more thought into.

Next week I won't get much writing done because of a big event at work, so more delays.

I may just switch to editing Book 14 and publish that instead of delaying it further, then finish 16 and jump right into writing 17. I'll let you know if that happens, because I'd be making a book announcement when it's ready.

At least I know how to finish Book 16 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment