Sunday, May 26, 2019

Writing updates

Another week has gone by and the writing has gone well.

Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds #4 is about 2/3 completed at around 26K words with a target of 40K. I've been cruising along pretty well on the first draft. There are some revelations with the new character but not too much. I've written plenty but also have had to rewrite and delete sections after realizing a couple of holes in the story that didn't make sense. The realization came after a little break to edit #2 (The Rule of Yonder). The problem became apparent but was also easy to fix. I just didn't get to keep some of the good parts I had written. I had to write new parts, hopefully just as good; but if not, that's what editing is for.

And, as I mentioned, I'm going into final edits on THE RULE OF YONDER. Getting that ready for its June 20 debut is a big task. Since I had set it aside for a couple of months, it's fresh to me again and so much fun!

I confess that I get tired of the stories after reading and rereading and rereading ad nauseam. But after putting them aside, I don't mind that next reread. I write first and foremost for myself. When the story works, it's so much fun! And that's exactly why I keep writing.

That's what I've been up to this last week with writing. Everything else has been on hold because of all the rain. I'm sick of rain! We need a break, about a week of no or little rain; then we can have some heavy rain again. These last couple of weeks have been awful--cold, wet, and endless. I don't want summer's high heat, but I am anxious for better weather than this to return, so I can get back to riding and so we can get our garden planted.

Perhaps the rain had a purpose though--keeping me inside to write and edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment