Friday, May 5, 2023

taking longer than expected - short update

Ugh! Book 16, GHOSTS, is taking longer to finish than expected. I can't just wrap it up quickly because the ending would be rushed. There has to be a careful balance to it. So, it'll be a bit longer than I had anticipated.

I also had some issues interrupt my writing, so I lost a few days since I thought I would be done by the end of April.

But I'm working on it. Really, I am. It's just a tricky one to write. As I mentioned when I started and restarted, I had completely changed the original plan for this into something else. It meant a complete rework of the plot, mostly as I wrote. This isn't the original story I had outlined, but it is something better, I think.

I'll be so glad to have it finished and be able to start writing Book 17. With twenty-five books planned, I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there. Each book just has its own issues to resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment