Friday, August 2, 2019

Forgotten Worlds update

I've been writing lately when I can on SA:FW #5, which doesn't have a title yet, and I'm keeping my eye out for the right cover image.

It's been difficult, partly because I've had some trouble concentrating this last month and partly because this story is getting more complex and requires more consideration. This story adds a big part to the plot like VotC, so I am being especially careful. (For #6, I'll have to consider something outside the main plot again for a fun break from the seriousness.) As a result, I have not only considerations of what needs to happen but also whose perspective to use for each scene. The latter usually comes instinctually, but this one is a little more complicated because of the plot. Sometimes, I need more character perspectives to properly tell the story, especially with such a diverse cast such as I've built up. I'd like to limit my main cast to the numbers I have now, although there will be one more coming at a later time and another one or two exiting at some point. I'm at a good number now and have enough backstories and personalities to keep straight, but I do like to switch things up to keep it fresh.

IN DARKNESS, LIGHT is in the line-up for editing rounds with VAULT OF THE CELESTIALS in the wings for final edits.

Once I've completed the first draft of #5, I will list IN DARKNESS, LIGHT (Starfire Angels: Forgotten Worlds #4) for pre-order. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, and I think I'll list books when I can list for pre-order everywhere (Amazon limits to 90 days out). Since I had some trouble while writing #5, it's looking likely that will release in late December, later than I'd hoped but still in the timeframe I wanted. 

Be sure to check out the first two books in the series and pre-order the third!

#1: A NEW BEGINNING
#2: THE RULE OF YONDER
#3: VAULT OF THE CELESTIALS (pre-order to read on September 12, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment