Sunday, December 29, 2019

a small update

Is it just my Siamese or do they all manage to look pissed off much of the time, even when they're being lovey-dovey?

typical Dargo expression
He does have other expressions, but this seems to be the most common. He's still my writing helper, always in my lap or nearby. He's such a snuggler.

My thyroid issues have been giving me problems lately. I've been managing, but it hasn't been easy. The headaches, fatigue, body aches, sinus issues, and foggy brain are the worst. It's made writing difficult, but I'm adjusting my meds to keep up my energy and creativity. At least I've been sleeping better, but waking up tired isn't helpful. I had middle life.

I finished editing rounds on several books this past month. IN DARKNESS, LIGHT is available now, after its final round of edits earlier this month. I also managed some rewriting/developmental edits of THE DESTRUCTION OF WALLS and DISPOSITION OF DREAMS. TDOW is available for pre-order and still has another round of edits before its ready for release in March. DoD will be listed about the time TDOW is available.

I just need to get #7 written now. This one is a bit more of a challenge, partly because of the thyroid flare-up. I've had trouble getting it going, but I think this third opening chapter attempt is the charm. It seems to have come together. Getting that character sense is what is most difficult during a thyroid flare (autoimmunity and the resulting low-function that comes from it messes up everything in the body, especially the brain). I do what I can when I can in writing during these periods. It's a struggle, but I love this series and have too much planned to give up. I'm only starting book 7 and I have 20-24 planned! I can't give up now. I've barely begun.

I'm looking forward to the new year in writing. I have some exciting stories to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment